From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] autotools support eclass
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 14:44:24
1 On Sat, 2005-08-27 at 16:24 +0200, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2005-08-27 at 14:00 +0200, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
3 > > I was wondering last night with az about the handling of autotools.
4 > > They not always require to be re-run by scratch, but when you have to run
5 > > aclocal you usually have to run everything after that.
6 > > Every ebuild handles them in a different way, some ebuilds run them in a &&
7 > > list and then || die, others runs them one-by-one.
8 > > Some force updating of support files and some don't.
9 > > Some adds code to let them print the status to the screen, some hides the
10 > > actual output and some don't.
13 > I still think a autoreconf is usually enough, except for cases where
14 > that do not work, and then something like this will not work anyhow.
15 >
16 > Anyhow, if you insist, then rather something like attached.
17 >
18 > PS: elibtoolize is a problem as it might collide with the one from
19 > libtool.eclass
22 Apparently I can now use gawk on all the bsd's. I am touchy about
23 adding gawk/whatever to the DEPEND, as it sometimes causes issues during
24 'emerge system' if its in a very base package ...
28 Martin Schlemmer

autotools.eclass text/plain
signature.asc application/pgp-signature