From: Ioannis Aslanidis <aslanidis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New ALSA maintainers
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:26:07
1 On 3/28/07, Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o> wrote:
2 > Josh Saddler napsal(a):
3 > > I completely disagree with your assessment of the in-kernel hda-intel
4 > > state. My workstation uses one of those (labelled nVidia MCP 55, for the
5 > > curious), and my experiences with in-kernel ALSA have been nothing but
6 > > positive with the intel audio, whether compiled or as modules.
7 >
8 > I could say the same about your assessment of the in-kernel hda-intel
9 > drivers, as could many other users... Same for via82xx - never had much
10 > luck with the in-kernel drivers, plus upgrading the whole kernel over
11 > and over again just to test whether something got fixed is a major PITA.
12 >
13 > As said, these are two different branches, what works for somebody
14 > doesn't need to work for someone else.
17 I'm afraid I experiment the same issues. For my hda-intel, in-kernel
18 drivers do not work, at least for now.
19
20 Maybe we could find a way to integrate (see replace) the in-kernel
21 alsa version with the portage one.
24 Ioannis Aslanidis
25
26 <deathwing00[at]gentoo.org> 0xB9B11F4E
27 --
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list