From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: EAPI-1 (or >1, perhaps) Proposal: AND Dependencies
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 07:44:02
1 Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > Steve Long wrote:
3 >> Wow that all sounds mega: er what does it mean? ;) I mean, can you give
4 >> examples of the syntax please? I'm guessing and instead of && but what
5 >> about (..) Is that going to be line-based? (LISP brackets are very
6 >> annoying imo.)
7 >
8 > Limitation of symbol oriented commands:
9 > !@#$%^&*()-+~`[]:"<>,./?\|
10 >
11 > By the time your in the want for more than 30 general features, your
12 > starting to have nasty syntax like this:
13 > (!#$ 1.4.6)
14 >
15 <snip class="blah blah" />
16 Man, I just wanted to see some of your proposed syntax! ;P
17 Can you give us some specific examples where your syntax is cleaner than the
18 existing (or the proposed additions.) Further, I can see it being tricky to
19 maintain two syntactic forms, so unless you can show us how much more
20 simple it is, I'd vote for just the amending the existing one, as it isn't
21 really that cryptic. Your `example' misses out the cat/pkg which tends to
22 make things easier to read imo.
23 #gentoo-dev-help (irc.freenode.org) is a great place to ask about this sorta
24 stuff btw.
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list