From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Improving stability - checkpoints
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 01:09:01
1 One item I have not seen is the possibility of auto-rewinding something
2 like the libpng problem back to a working system. CVS is a case in
3 point - when a build is broken, go back a version and build again.
4 Williams checkpoint idea sounds similar to CVS in the way you can
5 specify versions.
6
7 Now this would be a *real* advance in taking some of the risk out of
8 bleeding edge for all users, average and developer.
9
10 BillK