From: Ricardo Correia <gentoo-dev@××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal for an alternative portage tree sync method
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 22:50:01
1 On Wednesday 23 March 2005 22:15, Nick Rout wrote:
2 > You may need to get a few friends to do it over the net too, in order to
3 > try it on something less traffic friendly than your LAN.
6 In fact, with the help of some people we already tried it on a server with a 1
7 Mbps upstream and are about to setup one with 100Mbps, for more general use.
8
9 The results of some tests are already in the forum post.
10
11 For now, it seems that it takes more bandwidth than rsync, much it's a great
12 improvement over emerge-webrsync.
13 However, we are also considering some possible improvements in the process.
14
15 Personally, I'd be happy if people use it instead of emerge-webrsync.
16
17 I can't use rsync, so I know I will ;)
18 --
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list