From: Paulo da Silva <psdasilva@×××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] hdparm problems
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 03:18:06
1 Hi!
2
3 Both on my desktop and my laptop I had a problem with
4 hdparm. The system seemed to hang when starting hdparm.
5
6 Because I didn't know how to debug startup (rc) scripts, I
7 decided to replace the original /etc/init.d/hdparm with a simple
8 hdparm script to act only on my disks. On the desktop the problem
9 went a way and everything works pretty fine.
10
11 On the laptop a problem occurs from time to time. I can't tell when
12 and under which circunstancies that happens but the symptoms are
13 always the same.
14
15 After the message "starting hdparm ..." the computer stops (hangs).
16 After beeing off for some moments (+-15s), the disk activity led blinks
17 one time, then it turns on and stays there forever. Only a power off
18 unlocks the system. After rebooting the file /etc/modules.conf is
19 always corrupted. "modules-update force" resolve the problem.
20
21 Any ideas about what can be causing this?
22
23 Thanks
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list