From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: locations of binaries and separate /usr
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 19:06:42
1 * Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> schrieb:
2 > On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 07:41:27PM +0100, Enrico Weigelt wrote
3 >
4 > > This is just our donation, I'm hoping others will join in.
5 > > For the actual development, half of the resources should be
6 > > fine, but testing dozens of uncommon scenarios will eat up
7 > > a multiple of that.
8 >
9 > I'm not a C programmer, bash is my forte. I'm retired, and I have a
10 > spare machine to play around with for testing. Contact me offline if
11 > I can help.
12
13 Great. Perhaps you could create some unusual setups (perhaps in a
14 full-VM), so we can build an test platform on it.
15
16 IIRC the main problem are scenarios where /usr is not available
17 at boot, eg. has to be mounted from somewhere else (eg. NFS).
18 So, our test platform should have such setups.
21 cu
22 --
24 Enrico Weigelt, metux IT service -- http://www.metux.de/
25
26 phone: +49 36207 519931 email: weigelt@×××××.de
27 mobile: +49 151 27565287 icq: 210169427 skype: nekrad666
29 Embedded-Linux / Portierung / Opensource-QM / Verteilte Systeme