From: Stephen Bennett <spb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 11:03:33
1 On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 01:58:30 -0800 (PST)
2 "Alec Warner" <antarus@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > So you are saying you cannot see Daniel's point of view at all? That
5 > Gentoo should perhaps have input on a specification whose goal is to
6 > essentially define what a Gentoo Package Manager should be?
7
8 Gentoo, and any other parties, will have ample opportunity for input
9 long before it gets finalised. Right now, though, soliciting comments
10 from all and sundry will be more distracting than productive. We know
11 it's currently incomplete and full of holes; we don't need to be told
12 it.
13
14 > >> Really, I find this weird and ambiguous and you should probably be
15 > >> reinstated as a dev or be bumped off of PMS, which should be
16 > >> managed by Gentoo developers only.
17
18 If you want to make such a distinction, then it's managed by me, and I
19 am a Gentoo developer.
20
21 > Because it is difficult to determine 'people who know what they are
22 > talking about'. I would say Brian Harring is one of those, but I
23 > have a feeling you would disagree with me.
24
25 The second requirement is an ability to work effectively with the other
26 people writing it.
27 --
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list