From: Michael Everitt <gentoo@×××××××.xyz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Editing RDEPEND without a new revision (again)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 02:21:40
1 On 24/10/19 23:04, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > Here we go again. All week I've been trying to update @world. I'm trying
3 > to troubleshoot a portage bug[0], deal with portage taking forever to
4 > fail, and now I've got to deal with the fact that someone was too clever
5 > to follow the PMS and replaced virtual/pam with sys-libs/pam across the
6 > entire tree (and immediately masked the package that we all have
7 > installed) without creating any new revisions.
8 >
9 Forgive my lack of git-fu, but which commit did this? Can we name & shame
10 the author and committer publicly, and in front of QA, so that this kind of
11 violation is highlighted to all, and noted for future reference?