From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] workaround for depending on USE flags enabled (Bug 2272)
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 02:04:43
1 On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:51:46 -0800
2 "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 08:41:24PM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
5 > > since some people have started implementing their own hackish
6 > > versions of how to check if a package was built with certain USE
7 > > flags, ive added a function to eutils.eclass
8 > This was originally going to be implemented in the DEPEND structures
9 > anyway. What happened to that? (Se we can have it bail at pretend time
10 > instead of compile time).
11
12 New dep resolver in portage-2.1 (or whatever version number we'll use
13 then) will have this (unless I completely misunderstood Jason).
14
15 Marius
20 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
21 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.