From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: mesa.eselect
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 22:31:52
1 Hi,
2
3 media-libs/mesa-7.9 has been sitting in the X11 overlay for some time
4 and the X11 team are planning to move it to portage soon.
5 The new release brings a number of improvements, including much better
6 Gallium3D support. One feature that we would like to add to Mesa in
7 Gentoo is the ability to switch between "classic" and "gallium" drivers
8 via an eselect module.
9
10 Attached you will find the eselect module which we used in the X11
11 overlay, and the configuration file from mesa. There are still some
12 things on the TODO list but I consider them not blockers for addition to
13 the tree. As this is the first eselect module I have written, I would
14 welcome your comments and pointers.
15
16 TODO:
17 * Add support for switching emul-linux-x86-opengl on amd64 multilib
18 * Accept numbers as do_set() arguments
19 * Make the code a bit more compact
20 Untested:
21 * Prefix support
24 Best regards,