From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] why DEPEND and RDEPEND
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 07:54:47
1 begin quote
2 On Thu, 13 May 2004 10:52:35 +0000 (UTC)
3 Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o> wrote:
6 > Consider build package P on system A to run on system B. P requires
7 > tcltk to build but not to run; tetex to run but not to build. (OK, I
8 > can't imagine such a package, but I suppose I could construct one.)
11 Imake to build, not to run.
12
13 tetex is required by loads of things to build (documentation
14 generation!)
15
16 perl is used by most build systems, but very few runtime ones.
17
18 can you name a single desktop application that can build without make,
19 but that needs make to run?
22 //Spider
26 begin .signature
27 Tortured users / Laughing in pain