From: Leho Kraav <leho@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: include dbus session handling in baselayout (or somewhere, in which case where?)
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 16:21:35
1 Hi all
4 This is something like net-misc/keychain is for key management. My main
5 use case so far is to do with gnome-keyring-daemon for Subversion. If
6 you want to have a password-locked keyring, you will have to unlock it
7 every time you have a new dbus instance, which can pretty much happen
8 every time you open a new shell in tmux or whatnot since Subversion
9 needs dbus to communicate with keyring.
10
11 /etc/profile.d/dbus-session.sh attached, looking for feedback about
12 problems with it and if the whole approach even makes sense. I might be
13 not knowing something important.
17 Leho Kraav, M.Sc.

dbus-session.sh application/x-shellscript