From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Strip features via profile.bashrc
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 03:27:55
1 On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 9:57 PM, William L. Thomson Jr.
2 <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
3 > I am trying to replicate like /etc/portage/package.env type function.
4 > For some packages I had FEATURES="-buildpkg". I cannot seem to
5 > replicate this what so ever with profile.bashrc.
6 >
7 > Not sure how via a profile in an overlay/tree, not /etc/portage, one
8 > can add/remove features. I do not seem to have this problem with other
9 > stuff. I_KNOW_WHAT_I_AM_DOING works for skipping pre-merge checks.
10 > I am also able to add CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS. Which I noticed were being added
11 > like 4 times, so I added in a phase check/hook.
12 >
13 > https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/os-xtoo/blob/master/profiles/linux/amd64/profile.bashrc
14 >
15 > For some reason I cannot seem to add or remove FEATURES. I can see them
16 > in the shell. But they seem to have no effect. At least with regard to
17 > buildpkg FEATURE.
18 >
19 > phase: setup features: assume-digests binpkg-logs buildpkg ...
20 > phase: setup features: assume-digests binpkg-logs buildpkg ...
21 >
22 > In this case its removed, but still makes a binpkg.
23 >
24 > phase: package features: assume-digests binpkg-logs
25 > config-protect-if-modified ...
26 >
27 > .Doesn't show but in my output there is a gap, 2 spaces
28 > where it was. I can see the profile.bash being processed and doing its
29 > thing.
30 >
31 > I have tried export and set, neither have effect. Even when replaced
32 > with -buildpkg. Seems like make.conf is sourced or something for that.
33 > I do not think I am setting it to late. I cannot seem to set it for the
34 > build env.
35 >
36 > Any way to do this? A bug?
37
38 FEATURES gets processed by portage too early for bashrc settings to
39 have any effect.
40
41 I do not think there is any equivalent to /etc/portage/package.env
42 that can be defined in profiles.
43
44 I do not see any existing bug asking for this enhancement, so you
45 could probably file a new one.