From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Making user patches globally available
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 18:02:32
1 >>>>> On Fri, 27 Apr 2012, Zac Medico wrote:
2
3 > Since we've managed to survive up to this point without such a
4 > feature, I think it's worth the wait roll it into EAPI 5 and have a
5 > clean solution that doesn't rely on package manager interaction with
6 > eclasses. If we quickly draft an EAPI 5 spec, there's still have
7 > time to have it approved at the next council meeting.
8
9 Did I get it right, you are thinking about a special EAPI only for
10 user patches? I'd say that the feature is not important enough to
11 justify that.
12
13 Ulrich