From: David Shakaryan <omp@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Massive package.mask cleanup
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 09:21:54
1 I have created a small script to go through entries in package.mask and
2 list those which are masking non-existent packages or versions. I then
3 used this list to clean up package.mask. I tried to only remove versions
4 that were removed and have a newer version in place, along with packages
5 that were removed, but I accidentally /might/ have removed other
6 entries, although I doubt it. I kept masks for future versions in place,
7 as the maintainer of the package might have wanted to mask it ahead of time.
8
9 Attached is a diff between "useless masks" before my cleanup and
10 "useless masks" after my clean up.
11
12 If I have broken anything, yell at tsunam. ;)
15 David Shakaryan
16 GnuPG Public Key: 0x4B8FE14B

useless-masks.output.diff text/plain