From: Brian Snipes <bsnipes@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] pkgmerge and auto dependency install
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 07:06:39
1 Ok.. just installed the base rc4 pre2 of Gentoo and have a question. I there any place that I can put the packages and then any command(s) that I can run that will install a package I choose and all of its dependencies from the files I have on the CD. For instance, if I want to install Gnome and it says that I need so and so as a dependency (which needs so and so - on and on and on), the command will find my existing packages and install them (dependencies and all) to satisfy the requirements of the Gnome package. Clear as mud?
2
3 Brian Snipes