From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] https protocol is not supported in KDE2.2?!
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:40:14
1 Hi,
2 > Hi Dan, I have set MAINTAINER=yes, then remerged kdebase again, there is no
3 > /var/tmp/portage/.... dir... /var/tmp exists, but it is empty. What now?!
4 I thought you were using rc6 & the latest Portage. Since you're actually
5 using rc5, the correct location is /tmp/portage not /var/tmp/portage. This
6 was changed from rc5 to rc6 as per the fhs instructions.
9 > In addition, my old problem came back after remerging kdebase2.2, namely AA
10 > is only showing up in certain apps and not in the k menu. I know that this
11 > is my old problem with KDE2.1.1, because if I change LD_BIND_NOW=true, then
12 > AA is OK again...
13 Hm, I've experienced a similar problem but didn't have time to track it down.
14 Could you please describe the problem & solution, or give me a pointer?
18 Dan Armak
19 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
20 Matan, Israel