From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] first rc4 pre2 installation guide problem
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 04:17:07
1 Dave Bresson wrote:
2
3 > Ok, thanks to the new guide that's up, i now know the proper options for
4 > my /boot partition. However, there seems to be some sort of problem going
5 > on with the directions in the guide, specifically with the configuring the
6 > settings section. Right after it says to do a 'chroot /mnt/gentoo' you're
7 > to perform the 'env-update' command. When running 'env-update' i get a
8 > "Error: /mnt/gentoo does not exist!" or some such error. This of course makes
9 > sense, since that dir is now the root directory, however something tells
10 > me that this *isn't* the way the command is supposed to work (i think).
11 > Is it supposed to do this? And of course, exiting out of the chroot'ed
12 > shell to run 'env-update' doesn't work b/c then it can't even find the
13 > command. I've also looked at the python code for env-update in
14 > /usr/sbin/env-update, however i haven't been able to come up with a
15 > solution to this problem. Any ideas?
16
17 Try in chrooted environment
18
19 unset ROOT