From: Christian Birchinger <joker@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] suggestion: virtual/telnet
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 14:52:47
1 I'm the last person who would want infos and help on emerge
2 removed but that sounds like too much baby sitting.
3 I like Gentoo for not enabling the server daemon by default
4 after emerge. That's the "protection" i expect and like.
5 But i dislike when my distribution tries to be smarter than
6 the user. If you want to warn the user then a ewarn after
7 emerge has to be enough becauee everything else annoys too
8 much.
9
10 And telnet isn't bad by default. I use the client for various
11 tests and have it installed on all my machines because sometimes
12 it's just simpler than netcat magic etc.
13