From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Invitation for discussion
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:54:29
1 On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 01:50:59 +0900 Mamoru KOMACHI <usata@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | > > 1) possibility of creating a 'carbon' use flag
4 | >
5 | > Perhaps a either a more generic name along the lines of 'osxgui' or
6 | > a more specific name like 'cocoabindings' should be considered,
7 | > depending on what you intend the flag to actually do.
8 |
9 | One thing I had in mind was enabling carbon interface for emacs. It
10 | is just like we enable Xaw3d interface, GTK+2 inteface, or motif
11 | interface with Xaw3d, gtk and motif USE flags, respectively (so I
12 | didn't see any problem creating carbon USE flag). FYI, this was
13 | discussed two weeks ago in gentoo-osx list (as a local USE flag at
14 | that time).
15
16 Yeah, gvim's in the same boat here. It can build against carbon, gtk+-2,
17 gtk+-1.2 or motif.
20 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
21 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
22 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm