From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mirroring distfiles/patches on patches.gentoo.org
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 23:45:26
1 On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 11:35:50PM +0200, Stefan Schweizer wrote:
2 > But I can see that you are a bit frustrated because you did not get your way
3 > through. So here is a guide of what you can do. I will gladly stop using
4 > workarounds when I am allowed to have an equally bugfree and fast workflow
5 > as currently. What you can do:
6 >
7 > 1) write a patch for portage to allow granular mirror restrictions for the
8 > SRC_URI and work with infra on improving the mirroring script to not ignore
9 > mirror://gentoo in mirror-restricted ebuilds.
10
11 Crack is bad for you, mm'kay...
12
13 That particular change was *already* added, despite my objections; bug
14 number I don't have on hand, but...
15
16 acroread-7.0.8 (restrict=mirror)
17 wget http://gentoo.osuosl.org/distfiles/libcups.so-i386.bz2
18
19 doom3-cdoom-1 (restrict=mirror)
20 wget http://gentoo.osuosl.org/distfiles/doom3-cdoom.png
21
22 Spose worth noting portage also handles it fine, and that if it
23 *didn't*, the person demanding changes usually needs to supply the
24 patch...
25
26 ~harring