From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo: State of the Union
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 12:56:43
1 On Saturday 29 April 2006 15:21, Fernando J. Pereda wrote:
2 > The commit marked with @ is a special comit called a 'merge'.
3 > I hope that clarifies the merge tracking part.
4 You just described what merging is. Svn can do that too with svn merge. But,
5 if I merge changesets from branch A to B selectively, skipping some along the
6 way, can I later ask git to:
7
8 - list the changesets remaining in A that I haven't merged to B yet?
9 - list the branches, from a given list, which have/haven't merged a given
10 changeset?
11
12 Those are things svn can't do.
15 > However I don't know what do you mean with 'changeset tracking'.
16
17 I didn't mean that 'changeset tracking' is different from 'merge tracking'.
20 Dan Armak
21 Gentoo Linux developer (KDE)
22 Public GPG key: http://dev.gentoo.org/~danarmak/danarmak-gpg-public.key
23 Fingerprint: DD70 DBF9 E3D4 6CB9 2FDD 0069 508D 9143 8D5F 8951