From: Mamoru KOMACHI <usata@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] conditional dependencies (was: [gentoo-dev] Summary: Install CD Bloat thread)
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:07:30
1 At Mon, 25 Aug 2003 02:16:13 +0100,
2 Stuart Herbert wrote:
3
4 > Must be because eclasses can and do add their own dependencies;
5 > having optional inherits would really make a mess of the metacache I
6 > guess.
7
8 I found a workaround to deal with that problem (but not sure this is
9 the right way to do it). Eclasses silently add E_*DEPEND and emerge
10 seems to catch dependencies not only from *DEPEND but also from
11 E_*DEPEND, so you may want to write
14 inherit elisp
15
16 E_DEPEND="emacs? ( ${E_DEPEND} )"
17 E_RDEPEND="emacs? ( ${E_RDEPEND} )"
18 DEPEND="[...]"
21 to turn off emacs dependency when USE="-emacs". This way, metacache
22 will not be messed up.
25 regards,
28 Mamoru KOMACHI <usata@g.o>
29 http://dev.gentoo.org/~usata/