From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 22:08:29
1 On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 23:35 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 14:09:24 +0100
3 > Matthias Langer <mlangc@×××.at> wrote:
4 > > This kind of conversation is not technical at all... Ciaranm, are you
5 > > a MIPS user? If so, do you think that running KEYWORDS="mips" is less
6 > > likely to result in breakage than running KEYWORDS="~mips"?
7 >
8 > I think you'd need a much larger sample than one to get any meaningful
9 > answer there (and it might be worth doing it across all other archs
10 > too, to find out whether mips is in any way anomalous).
11
12 Are there even enough users to get a larger sample? Other than the like
13 3 devs still working on mips, I thought you were the only actual user.
14 I mean, I've watched things in "system" get broken on mips and nobody
15 even notices for several weeks. There simply can't be that many people
16 who actually care if nobody even notices when *system* breaks.
19 Chris Gianelloni
20 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
21 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
22 Games Developer/Foundation Trustee