From: Troy Dack <troy@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xawtv-3.78: Strange keyword
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 01:45:31
1 Phil Brault said:
2 > On Thu, 2002-11-07 at 17:40, Markus Wagner wrote:
3 >> Hi!
4 >>
5 >> The xawtv-3.78.ebuild has "-x86" listed in the KEYWORDS. What does
6 >> this mean? Just a typo? "emerge world" wants to downgrade to
7 >> xawtv-3.73-r1, but v3.78 runs smooth here.
8 >>
9 >> Markus
10 >> --
11 >> "We can debug relationships, but it's always good policy
12 >> to consider the people themselves to be features. People
13 >> get annoyed when you try to debug them." (Larry Wall)
16 >> --
17 >> gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
20 > Dear Markus:
21 >
22 > I went ahead and immediatly took a look at the ebuilds and I don't have
23 > that erronous typo so my assumtion is you're right and the contributor
24 > made a typo but immediatly revised it. Try doing an 'emerge rsync' and
25 > see if that fixes the issue, if not just simply change the keyword from
26 > -x86 to x86 and you should be fine
27 >
28 > Phil Brault
31 It's not a typo. It's part of the new portage stable/unstable system.
32 ebuilds that have only the architecture with no prefix listed in KEYWORDS
33 indicate that the ebuild has been tested to build on those architectures.
34
35 A - indicates that the ebuild is untested on a particular arch (eg: -x86).
36 A ~ indicates that the ebuild is under testing and should be considered
37 unstable (eg: ~x86).
38
39 See the second item on the front page at www.gentoo.org
40 --