From: bmr@zenmonkey.org (Brian M. Rzycki)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ascii gentoo
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:50:48
1 > don't you think $ signs give the wrong idea? ;-)
2 > just kidding. nice work! i've taken it on to my system already.
3
4 I really struggled with the main symbol. I tried to find something that
5 filled the space and gave the font the most "connected" look, especially
6 on vga-text 80x25. For some reason, I found the '$' pleasing. Maybe it
7 was subconscious, I didn't realize the connotation until you mentioned
8 it. ;) If you so desire, just "cat gentoo.asc | sed 's/\$/%/'" or any
9 other character. '%' was runner-up.
10
11 Cheers.
12 -Brian