From: Ioannis Aslanidis <aslanidis@×××××.com>
To: Athul Acharya <aacharya@×××××.com>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: removing dhcpcd from system???
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 19:22:13
1 I did read the entire thread, and I do want it in the system profile.
2 Please, post into the mailing list, not directly to me.
5 On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:15:25 -0400, Athul Acharya <aacharya@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > Ioannis Aslanidis <aslanidis@×××××.com> wrote:
7 > > I've read some childish answers in this 'thread'... locking... LOL
8 > > The fact that
9 > > someone does not need dhcp does not mean at all that it should be
10 > > removed by default.
11 > [....]
12 > > IMHO it's stupid (no offense to anyone) to remove it.
13 >
14 > Please read the rest of the thread. It's not being removed from
15 > portage, its just being removed from the system profile. This means
16 > its no longer considered vital to any system, and someone who doesn't
17 > need it can never merge it. This is the way things should be. Now shut
18 > yer yapper.
19 >
20 > Athul
26 Ioannis Aslanidis
27 <deathwing00[at]forums.gentoo.org> 0xC2539DA3
28 <aioannis[at]tinet.org> 0xF202D067
29 <dwcommander[at]users.sourceforge.net>
30
31 Hellenic Gentoo GNU/Linux project manager (http://hellenicgentoo.sf.net)
32 FIRECOPS++ project manager (http://firecops.sf.net)
33 Gentoo Forums Global Moderator (http://forums.gentoo.org)
34
35 Computer Engineering student at Universitat Rovira i Virgili
38 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list