From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Printer drivers and net-print
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 20:59:56
1 On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 18:50:45 +0100 Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > >>>>> On Thu, 23 Feb 2017, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
3 >
4 > >> https://projects.gentoo.org/pms/6/pms.html#x1-180003.1.1 "Category Names"
5 >
6 > > I don't see a requirement here, only note on most common pattern:
7 >
8 > > ``Note: A hyphen is not required because of the virtual category.
9 > > Usually, however, category names will contain a hyphen.''
10 >
11 > It is a note on what is the exclusive pattern, with the single
12 > exception of the virtual category. I believe that we shouldn't break
13 > that pattern.
14
15 I'm fine with this approach, but could PMS be updated to contain
16 more clear statement to avoid misunderstanding? E.g.:
17 ``all category names must contain a single hyphen with a
18 special exception for "virtual"''
19
20 Best regards,
21 Andrew Savchenko