From: Geert Bevin <gbevin@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge system through sandbox
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 22:54:17
1 On Thu, 2001-12-06 at 05:31, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
2 > Isnt it a test by these packages to check if the user have
3 > write permissions to those dirs, and can thus install them ?
4
5 In fact it's these situations that were the basis for me not to want to
6 return an error by the sandbox if it detects invalid accesses. The
7 developer/user should just be notified of the presence. If the installer
8 of the package doesn't consider it as a fatal error, but simple as a
9 notification of the state of the system, the merge should simply proceed
10 imho. I could add something which makes it possible to notify to sandbox
11 of predicted/expected failures, which in their turn are then not printed
12 to the regular user.
13
14 What do you think of this?
17 Geert Bevin
18 the Leaf sprl/bvba
19 "Use what you need" Pierre Theunisstraat 1/47
20 http://www.theleaf.be 1030 Brussels
21 gbevin@×××××××.be Tel & Fax +32 2 241 19 98