From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gsoc Idea: EeePC Script/Build
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 06:34:31
1 Le mercredi 25 mars 2009 à 11:42 -0600, Aaron Lebahn a écrit :
2 > Hello, I would like to apply as a student in the Google Summer of Code
3 > program. I would like to work on creating a simple method to install
4 > Gentoo on an EeePC. This will involve creating scripts and code that
5 > will preconfigure the Gentoo instalation to be optimized for the
6 > EeePC, and to contain all of the appropriate modules and
7 > configurations to enable all hardware on the EeePC.
8 > I own an EeePC 900 with which I wil be abe to test. I am uncertain if
9 > this or something similar has been done before, or if this is an
10 > appropriate Google SOC project. Please give feedback or questions,
11 > thankyou.
12
13 I'm a bit late on this but,
14
15 by experience (I did it for work a few months ago), creating an eeepc
16 specific gentoo chroot/squashfs is no more than 3 days worth of work
17 with a dual p4 @3ghz (1 week if you're not so familiar with gentoo
18 maybe) so I don't see anything challenging here. Working on enhancing
19 stage builder or stage4 generation (or whatever you name it) would be
20 more interesting for the project as a whole and require much more time
21 which would probably satisfy GSoC objectives.
24 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
25 Gentoo