From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: app-mobilephone/lightblue
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2020 19:42:41
1 On Mon, 2020-02-03 at 17:31 +0000, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 04:24:31PM +0000, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
3 > > > The Python team no longer wishes to maintain the following package:
4 > > >
5 > > > dev-python/pybluez
6 > > >
7 > > > It has no tests, and it'd be better for it to have a dedicated
8 > > > maintainer with working bluez and possible a use case for one of its
9 > > > reverse dependencies:
10 > > I'm using lightblue for rapid development to reverse-engineer/test
11 > > behavior of some Bluetooth devices. Mostly as there was NOTHING else
12 > > that made it easy to get it done.
13 > >
14 > > I don't care for the other reverse deps, but I'm willing to port
15 > > lightblue to py3 and bump pybluez.
16 > I reviewed most of the dev-python/lightblue codebase over my flights,
17 > and hereby recind my intent to port it to py3.
18 >
19 > I converted my coding to Golang's bluetooth instead.
20 >
21 > > > app-mobilephone/ganyremote
22 > > > app-mobilephone/wammu
23 > > > kde-misc/kanyremote
24 > > Is anybody willing to maintain these 3?
25 > > If not, lastrite them subject to upstream not doing the 2.7 ports.
26 > Please last-rite dev-python/lightblue with these.
27 >
28 > I think dev-python/pybluez can stay for the moment, as it's maintained
29 > upstream. I'll keep pybluez if there are no other maintainers.
30
31 pybluez supports python3. However, someone needs to test it with newer
32 Python 3 versions.
35 Best regards,
36 Michał Górny