From: Chris Bainbridge <chris.bainbridge@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [Fwd: [gentoo-security] Trojan for Gentoo, part 2]
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 11:29:11
1 On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 23:06:57 +0100, Ioannis Aslanidis
2 <aslanidis@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > Then perhaps it's time to have a simple mirror that only servers
4 > portage MD5s, for example :)
5
6 Given that MD5 collisions can be generated in 15 seconds maybe we
7 should use something more secure? And I agree with the original post,
8 using hardened builds is almost pointless when there is still no
9 secure architecture for distributing the portage tree.
10
11 What is the timetable for
12 a) getting rid of MD5?
13 b) enforcing signed updates (ebuilds, eclasses, everything) to the tree?
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list