From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Reminder: open season on robbat2's packages
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 22:10:40
1 Hi all,
2
3 Since it's been nearly a year since I last sent this email (and I got poked
4 with a stick about this), it's time for a reminder. I hope that in future, if
5 we get a non-maintainer update GLEP [1], this will become unneeded, as it can
6 be on api.gentoo.org.
7
8 1. http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/86359
9
10 Over the years, I've come to be the maintainer a huge number of packages (300+)
11 Many of them are from inheriting packages when other developers have retired -
12 the upstream may also be dead, but there is nothing that supersedes the
13 functionality of the package, so if I use it, it lives.
14
15 If you're a developer waiting for an action on one of them, and you've attached
16 a fix to a bug, you should mostly feel free to go ahead any just apply your
17 patch. If you break it, I'll hunt you down.
18
19 If you think you want to take over the package instead, or it should go for
20 last-rites/tree-cleaners etc; please claim it here or drop me an email; or for
21 the last category: just take it and leave a note.
22
23 Notable changes from last year:
24 - I'm releasing mogilefs and perlbal.
25 - new category of stuff people are welcome to take.
26
27 Exceptions:
28 dev-db/mariadb, dev-db/mysql - mysql herd
29 sys-libs/db - base-system
30 sys-fs/lvm2 - please be careful!
31
32 Packages where I am the upstream, and feature requests probably won't go far
33 without large good patches:
34 app-admin/diradm
35 app-shells/localshell
36 sys-apps/readahead-list
37 dev-perl/WattsUp-Daemon
38
39 Packages for tree-cleaner consideration:
40 dev-vcs/gitosis
41 dev-vcs/gitosis-gentoo
42 net-mail/vqadmin
43
44 Here's a list of every package where I'm a maintainer and there is no herd
45 listed (but their might be other maintainers), and I slightly care about the
46 package:
47 app-admin/cancd
48 app-arch/duff
49 app-arch/unadf
50 app-backup/mirdir
51 app-crypt/af_alg
52 app-crypt/gpg-ringmgr
53 app-crypt/mhash
54 app-misc/ddccontrol
55 app-misc/egads
56 app-misc/g15composer
57 app-misc/g15daemon
58 app-misc/g15macro
59 app-misc/g15message
60 app-misc/g15stats
61 app-misc/gcalcli
62 app-text/sloccount
63 app-text/unrtf
64 dev-libs/libg15
65 dev-libs/libg15render
66 dev-libs/libmcal
67 dev-libs/libmelf
68 dev-libs/libmemcache
69 dev-libs/libmemcached
70 dev-python/google-api-python-client
71 dev-vcs/cvs2svn
72 dev-vcs/git
73 net-analyzer/ipaudit
74 net-analyzer/ipv6-toolkit
75 net-analyzer/poink
76 net-analyzer/raddump
77 net-analyzer/sslsniff
78 net-analyzer/thrulay
79 net-dns/ndu
80 net-misc/adjtimex
81 net-misc/aggregate
82 net-misc/aggregate-flim
83 net-misc/ifenslave
84 net-misc/memcached
85 net-misc/netdate
86 net-misc/nstx
87 net-misc/pcapfix
88 net-nds/nsscache
89 net-wireless/bss
90 net-wireless/spectools
91 sys-apps/clrngd
92 sys-apps/input-utils
93 sys-apps/linux-misc-apps
94 sys-apps/usbmon
95 sys-auth/icmpdn
96 sys-auth/nss_ldap
97 sys-block/btrace
98 sys-block/fio
99 sys-block/scsiping
100 sys-block/scsirastools
101 sys-block/seekwatcher
102 sys-block/tw_cli
103 sys-power/iasl
104 sys-power/nut
105 sys-power/pmtools
106 sys-process/audit
107
108 Items in this list, you're welcome to take them, just leave a note; they will
109 still work last I checked, and I do use them occasionally, but I'm not fussy
110 about them.
111 app-emulation/qenv
112 app-misc/dnetc
113 app-misc/interceptty
114 app-text/binfind
115 app-text/convmv
116 dev-cpp/threadpool
117 dev-db/libdbi
118 dev-db/libdbi-drivers
119 dev-lang/snobol
120 dev-libs/bglibs
121 dev-libs/OpenSRF
122 dev-libs/yaz
123 dev-lua/lgi
124 dev-util/checkbashisms
125 dev-util/fuzz
126 dev-util/idutils
127 dev-util/its4
128 dev-util/mpatch
129 dev-util/pscan
130 dev-util/rats
131 dev-util/re2c
132 dev-util/sgb
133 dev-util/wiggle
134 media-gfx/monica
135 media-gfx/springgraph
136 net-firewall/ipset
137 net-libs/cvm
138 net-misc/dcetest
139 net-misc/openrdate
140 net-misc/rdate
141 net-misc/tiers
142 net-misc/valve
143 net-misc/vmnet
144 net-misc/vmpsd
145 net-misc/zsync
146 net-nds/led
147 net-proxy/piper
148 sys-apps/hwinfo
149 sys-libs/openhpi
153 Robin Hugh Johnson
154 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead
155 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
156 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85