From: Joseph Pingenot <trelane@××××××××××.net>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] NPTL ready yet?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 03:35:35
1 >From Mike Frysinger on Tuesday, 28 October, 2003:
2 Content-Description: signed data
3 >On Tuesday 28 October 2003 21:36, Joseph Pingenot wrote:
4 >> Whelp, it looks like, as of last night, it's not. Enabling nptl hosed
5 >> devfs, at least. Which makes me rather unhappy, since I then can't boot.
6 >> ;)
7 >> It looked like the build didn't go so hot anyway, for whatever that's
8 >> worth. -Joseph
9 >i use devfs in NPTL w/out any problems ...
10 >you can boot w/out devfs ;)
11 >i use udev currently ... that isnt devfs ...
12
13 I got an error when devfs was linking to libc, it was missing a symbol
14 related to GLIBC, iirc. I don't have it written down, unfortunately.
15
16 -Joseph
21 "Asked by CollabNet CTO Brian Behlendorf whether Microsoft will enforce its
22 patents against open source projects, Mundie replied, 'Yes, absolutely.'
23 An audience member pointed out that many open source projects aren't
24 funded and so can't afford legal representation to rival Microsoft's. 'Oh
25 well,' said Mundie. 'Get your money, and let's go to court.'
26 Microsoft's patents only defensive? http://swpat.ffii.org/players/microsoft
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list