From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Removing .la files...
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 19:54:46
1 Alistair Bush wrote:
2 > ++. I actually have no problem with agreeing with it, currently my
3 > problem is the complete and utter lack of any _planned_ upgrade path.
4 > What do we think users are going to be saying at the end of the year
5 > when after every sync they have to revdep-rebuild. Maybe, if we proceed
6 > with this, we investigate what can have its la files removed and do it
7 > all in one go. therefore ppl won't have to rebuild kde/gnome ( or any
8 > other large and time consuming package) over and over and over and over
9 > and over and over ....... again. Hell it would even be better to
10 > "batch" a few conversions so that each revdep-rebuild fixes multiple
11 > breakages in one.
12
13 Call that an experiment, do not start screaming but just try to help a bit.
14
15 I think we could have those change masked now and unmasked once we got
16 something sorted better.
17
18 lu
22 Luca Barbato