From: Chris Davies <c.davies@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] could you help me whit kyro video drivers ?
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 07:33:03
1 On Sat, 2002-04-06 at 13:57, Jeroen wrote:
2 > i have a video card whit kyro chipset
3 > but my problem is that powervr only supplies linux drivers for redhat mandrake and suse
4 > so i can't get my xfree 86 to work whit gentoo
5 > thx
6 >
7 > -------------------------------------------
8 > Jeroen Dekien
9 > webmaster@××××××××××××.net
10 > http://www.radio-planet.net
11 > --------------------------------------------
12
13 The quickest solution I can see would be to Emerge the RPM tools and use
14 the redhat package, XFree is in generally the same place on Redhat and
15 Gentoo, but there is no absolute guarantee that this would work. I'll
16 have a look at the possibility of making an ebuild for the Kyro/KyroII
17 driver, but it rather depends on the lisence they are released under.
18
19 Thanks,
20 C.Davies
21 --
22 _ __
23 || |
24 Chris Davies <c.davies@×××××××.org> .'~\ /.
25 http://www.cdavies.org/ ()()__\/ ".
26 CS Student, Swansea University (UK) /* "
27 | // |
28 "Talk to the spinal cord, | () |
29 'cos the brain ain't listening" ". ."
31 || | ^
32 ((__)