From: Samuel Bernardo <samuelbernardo.mail@×××××.com>
To: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [PR] ivy, mvn, sbt, gradle builders improvement for ebuild development
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 14:55:45
1 Hi Benda,
2
3 Thanks for the reference to Java Packing policy since I haven't read it
4 before.
5
6 I also forget to mention maven build system in last email, but for now
7 I'm only focused on scala and sbt.
8
9 On 4/19/20 5:31 AM, Benda Xu wrote:
10 > That's a good idea. What's your plan to realize the eclasses?
11
12 Taking into account the network sandbox requirement, sbt.eclass needs to
13 download all dependencies with some approach like EGO_SUM implementation
14 in go-module.eclass[1].
15
16 Looking in more detail to scala ebuild[2] as a reference, as a quick
17 brainstorm, I think that could be defined:
18
19 sbt.eclass
20
21 - ESBTV = <sbt version to be set in ebuild>
22
23 This would set the DEPEND for sbt and set the necessary steps to
24 java-pkg-2_pkg_setup, check-reqs_pkg_setup, check-reqs_pkg_pretend,
25 java-pkg_getjars and do the substitution of SBTV in build.properties if
26 required
27
28 - envset parameters (src_prepare): definition of parameters to set
29 necessary environment for sbt wrapper that use defined ESBTV
30
31 - ESBT_SUM = <list of project dependencies to be loaded within source
32 unpack>
33
34 - esbt_compile, esbt_run, esbt_package functions: to run sbt using
35 envset wrapper in compile, test and install as necessary
36
37 scala.eclass
38
39 - ESCALAV = <set scala version>