From: Robert Cole <robert.cole@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] submitting patches
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:24:58
1 I'm new to submitting code so I need a lil help here.
2
3 I have a Soyo Dragon Ultra motherboard and I've been working with soyo support
4 in taiwan on getting the kernel to properly identify the SiS 645DX chipset of
5 the board. They helped me last year with a Fire Dragon board.
6
7 I have the code and it works against vanilla sources but not gentoo sources. I
8 sent the pdi_ids.h and agpgart_be.c files to them from the gentoo sources and
9 they noticed what might be an error in chipset identification identifying my
10 chipset as Sis 646 (not sure if such a chipset exists or not).
11
12 Anyway after making the changes to the code and testing them against a stock
13 2.4.20 kernel they sent me the files. I tried them against the gentoo sources
14 without success.
15
16 Would it be possible for someone to take these files and rev the
17 gentoo-sources with them so the 645DX chipset is recognized?
18
19 Please let me know what direction to take and where to send these files.
20
21 Thanks,
22 Robert
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list