From: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cracklib
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 07:51:46
1 On Saturday 20 April 2002 14:27, you wrote:
2 > On Saturday, 20. April 2002 11:04, you wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > Is there a special reason why precompiled dict files are needed for
6 > > cracklib? Wouldn't it be better if we just added a sys-libs/words
7 > > ebuild that installs word-files that are used by the cracklib
8 > > installation to compile its own dict files, instead of including
9 > > precompiled dict files for all platforms?
10 > >
11 > > PPC is currently using this solution:
12 > > http://ftp.sunsite.dk/projects/gentooppc/portage/sys-libs/cracklib
13 > > http://ftp.sunsite.dk/projects/gentooppc/portage/sys-libs/words
14 >
15 > oh man - if been looking for this. what other package provides
16 > /usr/dict/words?
17
18 sys-apps/miscfiles provides /usr/share/words
19
20 I would like to know if it is ok if I replace gentoo-x86/sys-libs/cracklib
21 with gentoo-ppc/sys-libs/cracklib...
22
23 Gentoo PPC's cracklib can be found here:
24 http://ftp.sunsite.dk/projects/gentooppc/portage/sys-libs/cracklib/
25
26 What we're doing is removing the procompiled dict files in ${FILESDIR} and
27 have cracklib compile it's own dict files using the word lists provided by
28 sys-apps/miscfiles.
29
30 Cracklib is a critical ebuild, so I would like some reviewing first. Anyone
31 care to comment on this?
32
33 Pieter
36 Pieter Van den Abeele