From: Christopher Head <chead@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Hosting daily gx86 squashfs images and deltas
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 22:58:13
1 On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 19:53:44 +0100
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Dnia 2014-01-17, o godz. 10:18:58
5 > Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> napisał(a):
6 >
7 > > On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 8:27 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o>
8 > > wrote:
9 > >
10 > > > Hello, all.
11 > > >
12 > > > I'm using squashfs to hold my Gentoo repositories on all of my
13 > > > systems for some time. As you probably know, this allows me to
14 > > > save space while keeping portage fast. However, it makes updating
15 > > > the tree quite burdensome and time-consuming.
16 >
17 > Yes, full metadata with md5-cache. That's the same thing you get via
18 > 'emerge --sync'. And that's why the deltas are so big -- I recall
19 > three big cache updates this week.
22 I would absolutely use this on my machines.
23 --
24 Christopher Head