From: Steven Hatfield <ashari@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ld using 99.8% CPU
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 12:53:21
1 Hello,
2 I seem to have run into a bug with Gentoo. As a user, if I type "ld" at the
3 shell prompt, I can use 99.8% of the CPU, just by letting it sit there.
4
5 I've check and /usr/bin/ld comes from binutils, which I have version
6 2.11.92.0.12.3-r2 installed.
7
8 As root, I cannot emerge (or compile anything), because everything comes to a
9 halt at the first call to "ld", which happens right away. For instance, if I
10 try to "emerge arts", I get about 5 lines into the process, hit "checking
11 build system type..." and it sits there until I explicitly kill it.
12
13 What can I do to fix this?
14
15 Thanks for any help,
16 Steven
17
18 PS: Please cc me with any responses, as I'm not subscribed to the list,
19 thanks!