From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council meeting, Thursday 15th, 1900 UTC
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 00:11:14
1 On Wednesday 14 September 2005 07:45 pm, Curtis Napier wrote:
2 > Jon Portnoy wrote:
3 > > On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 12:06:13AM -0400, Curtis Napier wrote:
4 > >>I'm not an ebuild dev so I may not know enough about this situation to
5 > >>competantly comment on it but it seems to me that QA should have some
6 > >>sort of limited ability to "temporarily" take away write access to the
7 > >>tree until devrel has a chance to look over the evidence and come to a
8 > >>decision. This would fix the problem of "devrel takes to long" plus it
9 > >>would really help to ensure higher quality work is submitted (because
10 > >>ebuild devs WILL stop purposely commiting bad work if they know a QA
11 > >>team member can take away their write access at a moments notice for
12 > >>repeated violations).
13 > >
14 > > The other thing that'd fix the 'devrel takes so long' problem would be
15 > > if people would let devrel fix its resolution policies 8) (see recent
16 > > -devrel ml thread)
17 >
18 > It's not about devrel taking a long time. Please don't think that I was
19 > bashing devrel in any way, in fact I have great respect for the devrel
20 > members. I know what a thankless task they have taken on and the
21 > bullshit they have to put up with on an almost daily basis. Kudos to you.
22
23 his comment wasnt directed at you in any way, it was to try and get support
24 for the new proposal floating on the devrel list atm
25 -mike
26 --
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list