From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Getting Important Updates To Users
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:06:42
1 On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:55:40 +0100 Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o> wrote:
2 | Simon Stelling wrote:
3 | > Reading gentoo-announce should be mandatory. If a user breaks his
4 | > system because he didn't know about an important fact due to his
5 | > lazyness, that's not our problem. Of course they will still bitch,
6 | > so let's introduce RESOLVED RTF_ML_.
7 |
8 | Number of users subscribed to gentoo-announce: 7,988
9 | Total number of GETs on our home page and news feed in a *single
10 | day*: 75,302 from 19,240 different IPs (on Sunday 2005-10-30).
11
12 Probably because gentoo-announce is almost exclusively GLSA spam...
15 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
16 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
17 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm