From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Tim Harder <radhermit@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] collab herd for cooperative pkg maintenance
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 07:47:56
1 Dnia 2015-03-23, o godz. 13:22:25
2 Tim Harder <radhermit@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > Having been around for a few years I've inherited or added quite a few
5 > pkgs to the tree that I wouldn't mind other people fixing/bumping/etc
6 > that don't fall into any current herds.
7 >
8 > With that in mind, I think it would be an interesting experiment if we
9 > had a collaborative herd (probably named "collab") that signals the
10 > status that anyone is generally free to fix, bump, or do sane things to
11 > the pkgs with the caveat that you fix what you break.
12 >
13 > Anyone else interested in such a setup?
14
15 Don't abuse herds when you can easily add new data to metadata.xml.
16 In fact, you can store much more useful information there rather than
17 some dumb on/off switch.
18
19 That said, we would use some 'best practices' page on the wiki. Say,
20 I don't mind others bumping my packages as long as they compare
21 configure.ac & Makefile.am between revisions.
24 Best regards,
25 Michał Górny