From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Qt3 mask breaks significant science packages
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:30:41
1 Le vendredi 12 mars 2010 à 16:59 +0100, Alexis Ballier a écrit :
2 > On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:46:34 -0700
3 > Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > [...]
6 > > That said they were perfectly entitled to make the decision of not
7 > > wanting to maintain qt3 any longer. The only advice I can give is that
8 > > all disgruntled users and developers create a qt3 project and
9 > > adopt/unmask/re-commit the qt3 libraries for maintainers of packages
10 > > who need it. I doubt this will happen as this could have been done a
11 > > long time ago, but it's never too late.
12 >
13 > Or like the old gtk-1: completely abandon the package and let the
14 > consumers upgrade slowly. IMHO this is the less annoying approach for
15 > everyone.
16
17 Well the discussion about dropping glib-1 and gtk-1 pops up once in a
18 while in the herd. The removal hasn't been done yet because we focus
19 more on packages that pops most on bugzilla for example.
22 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
23 Gentoo