From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Dev-only Wiki for eclasses/portage
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 02:21:10
1 At 2004-05-27T19:45:32-0400, Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 01:25:44AM +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
3 > > Im writing a few ebuilds and am trying to do it right - using
4 > > eclass funtions and stuff. Since this is java stuff not using
5 > > make it is not the standard "./configure;make;make install".
6 > > This is when the following idea creeped into my mind:
7 > >
8 > > This a RFC:
9 > > What do you think about a public wiki, writeable by devs, where
10 > > eclasses can be documented in a quick-and-dirty way?
11 > > Additionally information on best practices can be made available
12 > > in the wiki too.
15 > I think a dev-only wiki would be extremely useful. For consolidation
16 > purposes, people on the documentation team or devs with spare time could
17 > guidexmlify the most important pieces of documentation produced.
18
19 Would a dev-only wiki actually be any better than the documentation
20 threads in the forums? Only the thread owner/maintainer can change the
21 head entry, but everybody (devs and non-devs) can contribute by adding
22 to the thread.
25 Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"?
26 Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action.
27 --Ghost in the Shell