From: "Jared H. Hudson" <jhhudso@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] packages not included with gentoo
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 23:51:02
1 Please write a bug report requesting these programs, or even better
2 create the ebuilds for them and submit them via bugzilla.
3
4 If you need help creating ebuilds, refer to:
5 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/gentoo-howto.html
6
7 If you need help knowing how to properly submit a ebuild, refer to:
8 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/ebuild-submit.html
9
10 -Jared H.
11
12 mjtaylor@×××××××××××××.edu wrote:
13 > Hi, I just installed Gentoo recently and I've noticed a few things missing.
14 > lm_sensors and i2c aren't avalible with portage. Also linux_logo isn't avalible
15 > either.
16 >
17 > lm_sensors and i2c are used to read the temperatures, voltages, and fan speeds
18 > off of motherboard sensors and the source is at http://www.netroedge.com/~lm78/
19 >
20 > linux_logo draws a cool ansi penguin logo with some system information, usefull
21 > for your /etc/issue login message. It's webpage is at
22 > http://www.deater.net/weave/vmwprod/linux_logo/
23 >
24 > All three of these programs compiled and installed perfectly on my system.
25 >
26 > Thanks for a great distro.
29 > gentoo-dev mailing list
30 > gentoo-dev@g.o