From: antitux@netscape.com (John Dee)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Fwd: PROMISE20269 & gentoo kernel
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 17:49:45
1 recompile your kernel with "turn multi-mode on by default" turned off.
4 Edward Zaborowski wrote:
5 > Good Evening,
6 > I am writing as to a problem I am having with the latest gentoo kernel. I
7 > have a promise 20269 controller, which I was previously using with the linux
8 > kernel 2.4.19 before the gentoo kernel tree split to its many incarnations it
9 > is now in.
10 > As for my problem, when I boot, my kernel complains about hde & kdf,
11 > specifically,
12 > hdf: set_drive_speed_status status: 0xff {busy}
13 >
14 > It also complains about an 80 pin cable.
15 >
16 > I've not had this problem with the previous kernel, and was wondering if
17 > anyone else has had this problem, and if a solution has been found.
18 >
19 > My promise controller is a pci ATA 133 controller that came with the maxtor
20 > 160GB/ATA133 HD I purchased. hde is the aforementioned drive, while hdf is a
21 > 120GB/ATA100 Western Digital Drive.
22 >
23 > Any help is greatly appreciated.
24 >
25 > Ed Z.