From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] herds for category metadata?
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:13:46
1 On Monday 04 July 2005 09:26, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > I was just finally shuffling packages into the app-backup category
3 > (originally discussed in March, but not implementing due to epkgmove
4 > status at the time), and I wanted to put the herd into the category
5 > metadata, but I found that we don't allow it presently.
6 >
7 > Could the metadata.dtd please be changed to allow a herd to be
8 > specified in a category metadata.xml?
9
10 The reason is that herds != categories and making a herd responsible for a
11 category would promote miscategorization of packages to avoid a herd. The
12 idea behind having the metadata.xml files is to maintain the data without
13 needing to put it into the categories.
14
15 Paul
18 Paul de Vrieze
19 Gentoo Developer